Some mishap can result in a hole in the wall. Well, by knowing how to fix a big hole in the wall fast, you can overcome this situation quite easily. You can overcome such situations by keeping a set of homeowner tools with you. Although it is not a stressful task, it does requires some time for completion.
How to Fix a Big Hole in the Wall Fast?
Although the drywalls durable but it’s destructible.
Follow these steps.
Gather these materials as you will need them to complete this task.
- Putty knife
- Patching compound or plaster
- Wall texture spray
- The wet sponge or spray bottle
Also, check out Best All in One Tool Set Reviews
Prepare the Hole
- Remove the loose drywall that is attached to the hole edges.
- Sand these edges, so it becomes a surface for the drywall patching compound.
Attaching the Hole Wall Patch
- Remove the backing paper from the wall patch’s sticky sides. Apply the path’s sticky side around the hole edges.
- Then smooth these edges.
You can also wet the wall patch if you are reaching any issue in sticking it.
Applying the Drywall Patching Compound
Cover the remaining wall patch by applying the compound. Allow it to dry overnight.
Sanding the Patching Compound
- Sand the compound until it is smooth.
- After smoothing it, use a paper towel or a wet cloth to wipe down the wet area.
- Allow it to be dry for around 15 minutes.
- Spray the Sanded Compound
- There are different model sprays, so follow the bottle instructions.
- After spraying, wait for the texture to dry.
Paint the Area
This is done so that the color matches the rest of the wall.
- Cover the floor with newspaper or plastic as it’s impossible to get tired of nay paint that drip for the paintbrush on the carpet.
- Apply the paints to the paintbrush after opening the lid.
- Then spread it over the area.
- Cover all-white areas.
- Remake the can lid
- Clean the paintbrush
- Allow it to dry for around 6 hours.
How to Fix a Small Hole in Drywall Without a Patch?
You can fill holes in the wall by using products from your bathroom’s cabinet quite easily.
Toothpaste works awesome in this case.
The paste on drying forms a spackle like finish.
- Squeeze the paste in the hole (white paste and not the blue one)
- Smooth it with a knife.
By Baking Soda
- Add a drop of superglue in the baking soda. This forms super strength sealant.
- Apply this mixture on the wall with a toothpick.
- When it dries, sand it hard.
- This can also be helpful in solving the cracks in the wall.
Tip: While doing so do wear gloves and make sure that this sealant doesn’t come in contact with your skin as it can cause severe problems to your hands
How to Fix a Big Hole in the Wall With Household Items?
For a big hole of about 2 to 4 inches diameter, you can use the floury fix method.
- You will require a cardboard cereal box.
- Cut the cardboard’s thick piece in a square.
- The size of this square needs to be higher than the hole in the wall.
- Poke two holes in the cardboard’s center.
- Thread into the one whole and out from the other hole.
- Push this cardboard piece through the hole in a way such that the string ends face you. Also, make sure that the corners are behind the intact drywall.
- Pull the string tight so that the cardboards remain in place.
- Next form a paste by mixing one teaspoon salt, one tablespoon flour and few drops of water.
- Apply this mixture to the cardboard depth.
- Allow it to set.
- Then pull out the strings.
- Put a second coat of the paste to finish the patch
- Then smooth it out.
Useful Read How to Install Insulation in a Wall?
How to Patch Drywall With Mesh Tape?
- Firstly prepare the surface for patching.
- Trim away the frayed edges using a utility knife.
- Cut a fiberglass mesh tape piece and then place it over the hole in a way that the tape lies flat. You can make use of a drywall knife to tear the clean edge.
- Apply the compound and spread it across the taped area.
- Smooth the compound using a putty knife or the joint knife.
- Sand, the patched area, then paint it.
No matter the is a small dent or a large hole in the wall. Thre are several ways by which you can fix it. The challenge of fixing these holes is in covering the gaps. It is important to make the clean cutout. By and large the guide on how to fix a big hole in the wall fast will help you patch and repair the drywall.