Choosing the best welder machine for beginners is quite challenging as poor machines can affect the quality of your work. Working with defectively functioning tools is quite frustrating.
On the other hand, a superb quality welder machine helps you join the materials perfectly and with efficiency. Such tools are safe to use too.
Welding machines are an essential tool for welding professionals and DIY enthusiasts. They have great power and a superb duty cycle. Moreover, they are user friendly and quite easy to operate.
Choosing the best welding machine for home use and for beginners can be quite challenging. Therefore we reviewed the top ones for you in this guide. Check them out and get the one that fits your needs.
Table of Contents
Best Welder Machine for Beginners Reviews 2021
Your beginning of the welding journey can be an impressive one if you have the right tools. Welders have made welding jobs more straightforward and easy. For beginners, choosing the right one can be confusing. To help you get the appropriate one, we reviewed the top-notch welding machines in the market and came up with this buying guide.
Top Welder Machine Comparison Table
Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD
Weight: 53.3 pounds
Dimension: 33.1 x 20.3 x 12.8 inches
Forney Easy Weld 271
Weight: 25.8 pounds
Dimension: 14.19 x 19.31 x 11.61 inches
W Weldpro MIG200GDsv
Weight: 30.4 pounds
Dimension: 17.72 x 8.66 x 14.96 inches
Lincoln Electric INC K2278-1
Weight: 45 pounds
Dimension: 8.82 x 17.99 x 12.8 inches
Weight: 57 pounds
Dimension: 19 x 11 x 13 inches
Weight: 90 pounds
Dimension: 24 x 19 x 12 inches
Weight: 33.07 Pounds
Dimension: 17 x 8 x 11 inches
H HZXVOGEN HT2000
Weight: 8.49 pounds
Dimension: 9 x 4.3 x 7 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
Dimension:18 x 10 x 14 inches
Weight: 85.0 pounds
Dimension: 18 x 12.5 x 10.5 inches
1) Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD AC DC 200: Best Welder Machine for Beginners Overall (Our Top Pick)
Weldpro is an impressive choice for purchasing welding equipment. This multinational company offers excellent value in welding supplies. Its aim is to make welding technology available for every individual.
Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD comes with a touchpad digital control function. This efficient and cost-effective machine comes with easy to adjust settings. It has precise digital settings, and the numeric displays are quite accurate.
The rocker-style foot pedal is brilliant to use. It has an impressive balance of heavy-duty metals and solid transformation. Furthermore, this welding equipment is portable and has strong carrying handles. The robust machine comes with an above-average duty cycle. It is made of the best quality material and has a lightweight construction.
This Machine is a 2 in 1 welder, i.e., you can use it as a TIG welder or a stick welder. All in all, it has an excellent fit and finishes. This robust machine has above average amperage duty cycles. You can comfortably do MMA/stick welding with this welder.
Moreover, its extensive power modules make it highly reliable and enhance its performance. It has a high frequency and can complete complex tasks easily. The machine has digital microprocessors that ensure the power is clean so as to produce accurate welding results.
- It features options for both 120V and 240V input voltage.
- It has digital controls and comes with an easy to use interface.
- The machine features a high-frequency start.
- It has pulse arc capabilities
- It comes with IGBT circuits and PWM technology.
- Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD comes with sloggin functions.
- It has amp controls on its front panel and is quite easy to operate.
- The machine has a superb quality CK torch.
- Moreover, it has 2T-4T touch control.
- You can penetrate thicker metals conveniently with its advanced 10HZ AC pulse.
- Manufacturer: W Weldpro
- Item Weight: 53.3 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 33.1 x 20.3 x 12.8 inches
- Material: Steel
- Power Source: AC/DC Pulse
- Offers 60% at 200A duty cycle
- You can sue it as a TIG or stick welder.
- Eliminates the shock and electrocution risks
- Buttons are sometimes quite hard to press.
- Has only HF start and no lift TIG start.
- The machine is so loud on AC welding aluminum.
2) Forney Easy Weld 271, 140 MP: Best Multi-Process Welder
FORNEY INDUSTRIES INC, founded in 1932, is an American company that manufactures welding and metalworking products. Forney Easy Weld 271 is a multi-process welder with impressive settings adjustments. This machine can do both stick and TIG welds.
The welder requires manual effort to set up and is thus quite easy to use. You can also do stick welding with it. In MIG welding, you can do both flux core and gas shielded welding. In a single pass, it welds up to 1/4 of an inch. Furthermore, you can do TIG welding in DC mode only. Moreover, it comes with a 12-month warranty.
The welder runs at 140amp and is brilliant for various jobs. It has a 120V input voltage. The machine is sturdy and lightweight, and you can carry it with you easily. It comes in a rugged case and proves to be a reliable unit. This versatile welder has metal internal parts and comes with two different styles of 110V power plugs.
- It allows you to do TIF, MIG, and stick welding.
- The machine has a wire feed with up to 0.035in wire.
- It features a lift arc start.
- This welder offers 140amps at 120V.
- The machine has a 10 inches MIG gun and features 8 inches electrode holder.
- It has a handle with a torch wrap.
- Manufacturer: FORNEY INDUSTRIES INC
- Part Number: 271
- Item Weight: 25.8 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14.19 x 19.31 x 11.61 inches
- Color: Green
- Measurement System: Metric
- Warranty Description: 12-month warranty
- Multiprocess unit
- Quick start and easy switching modes
- Infinite voltage and smooth controls.
- Comes with short leads
- Lower duty cycle i.e 30% for 80amps.
- You will have to buy the TIG welding gear separately.
3) W Weldpro MIG200GDsv: Best Beginner Welder With Overload Protection
W Weldpro offers fantastic quality products at amazing prices. This W Weldpro MIG200GDsv is a solid budget and a versatile machine. You can comfortably do TIG and stick welding from this MIG welder. One unboxing it, you will find its manual that is quite informative and helpful.
You can also do Flux core welding with it. It has a synergistic design by which you can adjust the wire speed and voltage simultaneously with the help of a dial. The W Weldpro MIG200GDsv not only adjusts the voltage and wire speed automatically but also offers a manual option to do so.
The machine weighs 30 pounds and is quite easy to carry. Furthermore, it occupies quite a small space. This welder comes with a brush hammer, flow meter, gas hose, earth clamp, electrode holder, a MIG torch, and a TIG torch. It has an easy-to-read display and quite comfortable controls.
- It is a dual voltage welder.
- Come with an IGBT inverter.
- The machine features a digital display.
- A multi-purpose machine with TIG, MIG, and Stick welding capabilities.
- It allows you to weld up to 1/4 inch of steel.
- You can easily adjust the voltage by almost +/- 20% from the menu button.
- It comes with three wire settings of 40,43, and 34.
- The machine has a duty cycle of 30% @ 200A.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- This welder comes with a rocker style foot pedal.
- Manufacturer: W Weldpro
- Item Weight: 30.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 17.72 x 8.66 x 14.96 inches
- Voltage: 230 Volts
- Silky smooth foot pedal
- User-friendly controls
- TIG, MIG & stick welding capabilities
- Two-year warranty
- It comes with only HF start, and no lift TIG start.
- Only 30% duty cycle at 30Amps.
4) Lincoln Electric INC K2278-1: Best Compact and Portable Welder
Lincoln Electric INC is an American multinational company that manufactures welding products and equipment. Its headquarter is located in Ohio, US. The company has 45 manufacturing locations in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and America.
Lincoln Electric INC K2278-1 is a lightweight and portable machine with a simple setup process. The build quality of this welding machine is consistent. Furthermore, it has a one year warranty.
This welder comes with impressive features right out of the box. It has different ranges and user-friendly controls. Also, Lincoln Electric INC K2278-1 has got the overload protection that protects the motor from overheating. Its automatic shutoff protection is what attracts its customers.
This flux core welder welds mild steel perfectly. Another excellent thing about this welder is that with this superb machine, you can work with four output ranges. This way, you can select the output range based on the power requirement.
- This MIG style welder’s input voltage is 115V.
- It features automatic shutoff protection.
- This machine comes with an adjustable feed. You can set the speed from 1-10.
- It comes with a 20% duty cycle at 70 Amps.
- It features four output ranges. At lower settings, its output range is 35 amps. While at the highest settings, it is 88 amps.
- It comes with a built-in cooling fan.
- Item Weight: 45 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8.82 x 17.99 x 12.8 inches
- Measurement System: US
- Warranty Description: 12 months parts / 12 months labor
- Cold safety feature
- Come with four output ranges.
- Fan cooling system prevents overheating.
- It is quite basic for heavy-duty jobs.
This machine has got a single voltage input.
5) Hobart 500559: Best Beginner Welder With 5-Position Voltage Control
HobartWelding is a US-based company manufacturing excellent quality welding products since 1917. They make shopping easy for welders by offering amazing welding accessories at one location. They offer easy to use products that offer superb industrial performance.
Hobart 500559 is a superb MIG welder that provides a consistent and excellent arc performance. For welders looking to take their beginner welding skills to an advanced level, this machine is a superb choice.
This versatile comes with an array of safety features. Furthermore, it supports MIG and flux-cored welding processes. The control panel has a superb design that offers amazing, visible, and easier adjustments.
It has a tapped voltage control selector by which you can stabilize the arc to 5 positions. This professional welder weighs just 57 pounds and can be moved easily from one place to another.
The wire feed tracking settings of this machine offer easy adjustments. With its dual processing capacity, you can work on a variety of materials conviviality. The maximum current voltage of this machine is 28V. Altogether this is trustworthy and easy to use equipment that is suited well for small to moderate jobs.
- The duty cycle is 20% at 90amps.
- It features a voltage control selector that comes with five positions.
- The welding machine works with stainless steel brilliantly.
- It had built-in wire feeding.
- Hobart 500559 features motor damage protection and short circuit protection.
- The input voltage is 120 VAC.
- It supports multiple welding processes, i.e., the MIG and the flux corded.
- Item Weight: 57 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 11 x 13 inches
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Installation Method: Mig-welding
- Warranty Description: 5-year limited warranty
- Five-position voltage selector
- Has multi-size spool support
- Wide amperage range
- Short leads
6) PRIMEWELD TIG225X: Best Top Rated Welder Machine for Beginners
PRIMEWELD has earned a great reputation in the welding industry with its innovative and heavy-duty machines. Their products are engineered for the best standards of convenience and accuracy.
The service support of PRIMEWELD is based in the USA, and you can contact them anytime if you face any problems with their machines.
PRIMEWELD TIG225X is an AC/DC TIG welder with a wide amperage rating of up to 225 amps. This way, you can do the TIG weldings on thick sections quite comfortably. Furthermore, the foot pedal of the machine allows you to change the amperage manually during welding.
This is a robot and an impact-resistant unit. It is a dual input with 120 V and 240V. At 240V, the machine offers 225A output, while at 120V, it offers a max of 140A.
The controls fitted to this machine are impressive and precise. Its strong carrying handle adds to its portability. The settings are accurate, and the performance is fantastic. This welder comes with an IGBT technology that gives it an edge over other welding machines.
- PRIMEWELD TIG225X has a high-frequency start.
- It features pulse arc capabilities.
- Foot pedal to change the amperage manually.
- The machine comes with sloping functions.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
- The machines offer 225amps of AC/DC TIG welding.
- It includes a regulator.
- It features a CK17 US-made torch.
- The pulse frequency is 200 hertz.
- It has a 100% duty cycle at 108 amps.
- You can use it with a 120V or 240V input current.
- Item Weight: 90 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 19 x 12 inches
- Color: Black
- Power Source: AC/DC PULSE
- Come with advanced inverter technology.
- Excellent duty cycle
- Superb HF start and smooth operations
- The pedal isn’t very comfortable.
- The instruction manual is not much helpful.
7) LOTOS CT520D: Best Combo Welder & Plasma Cutter
LOTOS products have gained impressive recognition since 2008. The company headquarter is located in the USA. It has a marvelous reputation for reliability and top-notch welding equipment.
LOTOS CT520D is a multiprocess welder with a plasma cutter. You can do the TIG and stick welding with this welder. With the hot striking arc current, you can weld in your desired style and with ease. The ARC start of the machine is quite easy to handle.
It comes with one year warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. This durable and versatile welder provides amazing portability.
LOTOS CT520D has dual voltage by which you can use it not only in the home but in the welding shop as well. The 120v can be used for quick jobs, while you can use the 220V for time-consuming tasks. It offers an 80%-90% efficiency, which is awesome for both normal and heavy uses. Thus you can connect it to an air compressor easily.
- It features a dual voltage of 120/220 volts and a dual-frequency of 50/60 Hz.
- It has a TIG welder and MMA welder.
- The machine has adjustable flow management.
- The TIG welder offers 15 to 200 AMP current for welding precisely.
- The machine has a precise foot pedal, and an HF starts hand torch control.
- It comes preinstalled with NPT quarter-inch D-plug and an air filter regulator.
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 8 x 11 inches
- Weight: 33.07 Pounds
- Item model number: NC-FXDR-KJUX
- Multiprocess welder and plasma cutter
- 1/2 inch clean cut
- Easy setup and Built-in quick connector
- It is a DC-only machine as a TIG welder.
- Short ground cable.
8) H HZXVOGEN HT2000: Best Budget Welder Machine for Beginners
H HZXVOGEN offers its customers the best welding machines and equipment at affordable prices. The brand has got much popular over the years. This 110/220V comes with excellent capabilities and offers an impressive welding performance. It is superb for higher frequency welding.
You can use both gas and gasless weld options for welding metallic sheets with this welder. With gas welding, you can weld iron, and with the gasless option, you can weld steel and stainless steel. It is compact and consumes quite less space.
H HZXVOGEN HT2000 is a multifunctional welding machine that can do MIG, ARC, and LIFt TAG sticks. This welding machine has a one year warranty. It compensates automatically for voltage fluctuations. Moreover, it comes with an earth clamp, electrode holder, and a 30 amp adapter cord.
- This is a dual voltage machine.
- It has a 50/60 Hz frequency.
- The welder is based on IGBT technology.
- It features over-voltage protection, over current protection, and overload protection.
- It has a 60% duty cycle.
- The output current range is 20 to 140 amp.
- The electrode diameter is 1.6 to 3.2mm.
- Its welding capacity is 1/4 inch steel.
- It supports MIG, TIG, and ARC welding.
- Item Weight: 8.49 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 4.3 x 7 inches
- Power Source: AC
- Amperage Capacity: 140 Amps
- 60% duty cycle
- Easy operating options
- Both gas and gasless welding
- Short power cable
- You need to put the machine on 168 amp in order to have the optimal performance.
9) ZENYJA0190205: Best IGBT Welder
ZENY was founded in 2014 and has developed its offering by expanding to a variety of excellent product selections for its customers. The company has become top sellers on various online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, etc.
Its main aim is to offer its customers the highest quality products at the lowest prices. ZENYJA0190205 is a lightweight and budget-friendly unit that offers you the much-needed satisfaction for stick welding. This dual voltage machine runs on both 110V and 220V.
It is an inverter welder, and thus you can easily maintain the voltage by switching the AC to DC. This efficient machine provides you an infinite amperage control. It has an LED meter where you can adjust your desired settings for amperage.
You can adjust the output amperage from 5A to a maximum of 160A. Furthermore, it has a compact design, shoulder straps, and a carrying handle with which you can move it easily.
- The machine is dual voltage and runs in 110V and 220V.
- It features IGBT technology.
- It has a 60% duty cycle @ 160A.
- The output range of the current is from 20amp to 160amp.
- It has multiprotection features, including overpressure protection, overheat protection, and over current protection.
- The inverter efficiency is 85%.
- Manufacturer: ZENY
- Item Weight: 18 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 10 x 14 inches
- Size: DC-160A
- Material: Steel + Plastic
- Power Source: AC 115V & 230V Dual Voltage
- Dual voltage machine with 60% duty cycle
- Electric safety functions
- Offers 160A maximum output
- Shorter leads
- It is a bit noisy
10) LOTOS MIG175: Best 175-Amp MIG Welder
Lotos welding products have an impressive reputation because of their reliability and durability. The company has been supplying welding and cutting tools since 2007. LOTOS MIG175 is a fully featured-packed device.
The advanced transformer technology enhances the reliability and the performance of the welding machine. This welder has an infinite welding speed and superb wire-speed management. It can handle the 4 inch or 6-inch wire spools. You will have smooth and clean cuts on a variety of materials with it.
The strong metal finished body of the machine offers it a marvelous look. It has a two-step trigger that releases the gas first and then makes use of arc for seamless welding. Furthermore, you can adjust the wire feed to your required speed for the welding of aluminum.
It can easily handle 0.035-inch thick stainless steel. The welder has two electronic circuits that protect the wire feeding motor. It is reliable, durable, and seamless. This multipurpose welder operates between 200 and 240 volts and can operate on two frequencies, i.e., 50Hz or 60Hz.
- It features an arc system.
- The output range is from 135A to 175A.
- It has a duty cycle of 20% at 175 amps and 30% at 135 amps.
- The welder features overload protection.
- It comes with a gas regulator.
- The spool gun welds seamlessly.
- It has a two-step trigger.
- It has a one year warranty.
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 12.5 x 10.5 inches
- Color: Brown
- Item Weight: 85.0 pounds
- Voltage: 220 volts
- Warranty Description: 1 Year Manufactures
- The machine has an arc system.
- Includes spool gun
- Beginner-friendly design and easy to use controls
- Loud motor driver.
- Thin cables
Buyer Guide: How to Choose the Best Welder Machine for Beginners?
Beginner welders who are in search of a new welding machine need to consider several things before buying one.
Do keep in mind your budget while buying a welding machine. This way, you will get exactly what you require within your budget and won’t end up making an unplanned purchase.
Processes of Your Interest
As a beginner, you should work on one process among the TIG, Stick, and MIG welding.
Once your skills are developed in it, then take knowledge of the second one. Buy the welder that offers a built-in upgrade path.
This way, you can learn a lot from one machine and need not have to buy individual welders for the stick, TIG, and MIG welding.
The material used in the construction of the welding machine needs to be durable and of the highest quality.
The metal thickness is also a factor to consider. Welders with higher amperage can weld the thicker material. With a 220volt power supply, a higher amperage machine can help you complete big welding tasks.
A machine with a higher duty cycle reduces the number of breaks taken in between the work. This way, you can weld continuously.
Consider the metal you need to work with. For aluminum, a TIG or a MIG welder is required. To weld stainless steel, cold steel, and mild steel, you can use all types of welders.
The welding machines with protection features are quite safe to use.
Weight, Size, and Portability
For small size projects, a welder with a small volume will be good for you. A portable machine is easy to move from one place to another.
Do check out the warranty of the welder, so the repair and maintenance work becomes easier.
The above-mentioned welders have an impressive build quality and are quite easy to use.
As a beginner welder, choosing the right welding machine is quite challenging.
Some essential factors need to be considered while doing so. Also, you need to have the know-how of some important specifications to make the correct decision.
Get the best welder for beginners from the ones reviewed above and complete your welding tasks conveniently, comfortably, and efficiently.