Electrical work requires some tools. The electricians have to install, maintain, inspect, and diagnose electrical appliances and systems. Without the correct tools, you won’t be able to complete your electrical repair work easily and can hurt yourself too. Working with bad quality tools is quite dangerous. This results in wrist injuries too. Also, cheap quality tools are much harder to use and cause more fatigue. The best cool electrician hand tools help the electricians in starting out. These are for people who do not intend to waste their time, money, and energy on cheap and poor-quality tools.
A good electrician toolset saves a considerable amount of money, time, and frustration. Furthermore, better quality tools have insulated handles that offer shock protection. You need to get the ones that are reliable and are easy to use. Such tools are lightweight and portable. You can comfortably work with them. It is crucial to have proper tools for job success. Some of the tools found in such kit include pliers, wire strippers, screwdrivers and nut drivers, power saws, power drills and drivers, labeling machines, and measuring devices. Buying such a kit is a task that needs to be done carefully; otherwise, bad quality tools can prove to be quite dangerous. To help you get the best kit, we have reviewed some of the impressive toolsets for electricians.
Best Electrician Hand Tools Reviews 2020
Getting powerful and fantastic tools is an enormous task for beginner electricians. Electricians have to assemble a tool kit with all the best tools. It is essential to have excellent quality tools; otherwise, the poorly made tools result in wastage of both time and money. Low-quality tools require quick replacements and also demand higher prices. From a lot of tool brands choosing the best tools is a big challenge.
There are various options for buying the best electrician tools that will help you complete your job comfortably. As a beginner, you need not have to get all the tools. As you grow in skills and experience, you will find your work being diverse, and this will then need to grow your tools too.
Top Electrician Hand Tools Comparision Table
Style: With VISE-GRIP Pliers Set
Weight: 1.75 pounds
Dimension: 15.6 x 6.7 x 1 inches
Weight: 2.64 pounds
Dimension: 15 x 9 x 1 inches
Weight: 5.55 pounds
Dimension: 14.6 x 8.9 x 2.5 inches
Weight: 2.4 pounds
Dimension: 13.1 x 7.5 x 0.9 inches
Weight: 0.16 ounces
Dimension: 22 x 12 x 2.5 inches
Weight: 5.3 pounds
Dimension: 12.7 x 9.7 x 3.6 inches
Weight: 2.9 pounds
Dimension: 11.3 x 8 x 2 inches
Weight: 8.8 ounces
Dimension: 8.5 x 4 x 1 inches
Weight: 2.4 pounds
Dimension: 1.1 x 9.8 x 16.5 inches
1) IRWIN 2078309 & 2078707: Best Electrician Hand Tools Overall (Our Top Pick)
This is a must-have set for electricians. There is a multipurpose tool in the set that contains a stripper, crimper, and a cutter.
All tools in the set are according to the ANSI standards. The wire cutting jaw along with the scissor action offers easy and quick wire cutting. It has a quick-release blade that offers brilliant protection to the blade when not in use.
The well-manicured handles of crimper offer a significant reduction in hand fatigue. The pliers are perfect for camping, tuning, twisting, and tightening. Altogether, this is a fantastic investment in a quality set. It will surely make your task completion easier, faster, and less tiring.
- The induction hardened edges of the crimper remain sharp for a longer time.
- It has a plier style nose by which you can pull and loop wires.
- The built features of the crimper include dual metal construction, AWG selection dials, quick release locks, and spring assisted jaws opening.
- The bolt cutter allows you to cut the bolts to size.
- Wire crimper can crimp both the insulated and uninsulated terminals.
- It is pro touch grip reduces hand fatigue and offer you excellent comfort.
- The pliers are made up of durable nickel chromium steel that offers excellent durability and toughness.
- The slip joint pliers have variable size jaws.
- Brand: Irwin Tools
- Size: 8-inch
- Style: With VISE-GRIP Pliers Set
IRWIN 2078309 & 2078707 - Pros & Cons
- Well made, small size, and easy to use tool with solid feel, nonslip, anti-pinch pro touch grip, comfort control, great durability, strength and lifetime guarantee.
- Heavy-duty set with fantastic design, built material, self-adjusting mechanism, sharp stripper, professional quality, and excellent value.
- The surface coating of the crimper gets stripped after some years of use.
- Lack of coil spring in the wire stripper. Due to this, the remains open while usage and his is much less friendly while completing tough jobs.
2) Greenlee 0153-02C: Best Electrician Screwdriver Set
The screwdrivers are brilliant for the price. They have hard-wearing tips and are much comfortable and balanced in hand. The fit and finish of this tool are marvelous. This awesome tool has plenty of bits. The bits and shaft are double-ended. Notably, Greenlee makes some amazing stuff, and this screwdriver is an example of that.
The tools meet the ANSI/ASME standards. They offer cushioned grips and have identifiable marks that indicate the length, type, and size. Moreover, they have a high-grade chrome-plated finish. Their tips don’t twist on heavy load. The fast and sturdy screwdrivers cut your frustration level. Their comfortable handles allow you to put a significant amount of torque while tightening.
- The heavy-duty construction of the screwdrivers prolongs their life.
- They have handles marked that offer you easy identification of the length, type, and size of screwdrivers.
- The precision-machined tip provides accurate fastener contact.
- They have strong black phosphate tips that reduce slipping and likewise prevent plate chipping.
- The screwdrivers are rust-resistant.
- They have a chrome-plated finish.
- The soft, cushioned grips of the tools offer excellent torque and comfort.
- Brand: Greenlee
- Model: 0153-02C
- Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Dimension: 15.6 x 6.7 x 1 inches
- Warranty: Limited Warranty
- Size: 7-Piece
- Style: 7-Piece Screwdriver Set
- Color: black
- Material: Steel
- Power Source: Corded-electric
Greenlee 0153-02C - Pros & Cons
- Heavy-duty construction with precision machined tips, extra torque, comfort and lifetime warranty.
- The well-built tool comes with a cushioned grip, high-grade finish, and excellent quality.
- Not a long-lasting tool. After some months of use, the handles get rusted.
- Screwdrivers don’t have magnetic tips.
3) Channellock GLS-3: Best Electrician Hand Plier Tool Set
This American company makes the best pliers. They work well and are much affordable. They have a cobra head with a tongue and groove adjustment mechanism. The construction is from hardened carbon steel.
Channellock offers you a three-piece groove set that includes a 6.5 inch, a 10 inch and a 12-inch plier. These pliers have the best teeth that offer maximum bite in all directions.
This convenient assortment of amazing Channellock tools is perfect for people who have a brilliant understanding of real work. These tools cut superb to perform like a wrench and grab more nut surfaces. Further, they don’t slip on bolt or nut. By and large, these are ideal tools for pulling and gripping.
- The ergonomically designed head of the Griplock offers impressive leverage.
- There is a Permalock fastener that works in the elimination of bolt and nut failure.
- The tools have Channellock blue grips that provide excellent comfort. They are thin and small and can comfortably get into tight areas.
- The reinforced edges minimize stress breakage.
- Brand: Channellock
- Model: GLS-3
- Weight: 2.64 pounds
- Dimension: 15 x 9 x 1 inches
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Size: 1-(Pack)
- Color: Blue
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Handle Material: Vinyl-Coated Metal
Channellock GLS-3 - Pros & Cons
- The durable and well-built tool has excellent adjustment ranges, carbon steel construction, special jaw design, permalock fastener and lifetime warranty.
- An affordable and classic quality tool with ergonomically designed offset head, strong grip, groove adjustment mechanism, minimum wear, and maximum bite.
- Guaranteed against failure and breakage
- You need to keep them oiled otherwise they will rust after some time.
- Poor finishing. Some heavy liquor peels off.
4) CARTMAN CW16-005: Best Budget Electrician Hand Tools Kit
This is an excellent tool for various DIY tasks. The beautiful assortment of tools in the set will help the electricians to complete their job comfortably. From measuring to hammering, cutting to tightening, all tasks of electricians are covered with this comprehensive kit.
The kit includes hex keys, screwdriver, combination wrenches, screwdriver handle, screwdriver bits, magnetic holder, tape, cable ties, cutter, nose plier, claw hammer, and socket. The pliers and screwdrivers in the kit are brilliant for working with electrical switches and outlets.
- The tools resist corrosion as they are heat treated and chrome plated.
- The tools meet the ANSI standards.
- All tools in this set are stored in a blow-molded toolbox.
- These tools are constructed from high-grade steel that withstands regular use.
- They are well insulated and have excellent grips.
- Brand: CARTMAN
- Model: CW16-005
- Weight: 5.55 pounds
- Dimension: 14.6 x 8.9 x 2.5 inches
- Size: 160pcs
- Color: Red
- Folding: No
CARTMAN CW16-005 - Pros & Cons
- High quality tool has corrosion protection, and easy portability with enhanced durability and is easy to use.
- Lightweight, solid, and affordable set with a convenient and sturdy case.
- The tools coating strips off after some months of use.
- The tools in the box fall out of their spot, and you will need to push them in.
- It is an essential kit for beginner and not for professionals who desire to have advanced tools.
5) Knipex 002007US1: Best Top Rated Electrician Hand Tools
Knipex design and the quality can’t be beaten easily. These fantastic pliers have excellent grips. They offer you great comfort and more output. This favorite set includes a 7 inch, a 10 inch and a 12-inch plier. They have a slim design. The jaw teeth are impressive. They won’t pinch you during usage. The tool has greater control and isn’t sloppy. Their slim design and gripping power make them perfect electrician tools.
The pliers stand up against great stress. Furthermore, they offer smooth movement and precision. They have a thin head design by which you can work in hard to reach areas easily. The pier is built with quality steel. Also, they are much comfortable to hold.
- These pliers offer you nine adjustments positions for more gripping.
- They have plastic coated handles. Also, the handles have a non-slip plastic coating.
- The lever transmission provides stronger gripping power.
- You have fantastic access to the workpiece with the slim size of its joint areas and head.
- There is a serrated gripping surface on the plier’s jaw by which you can grip any shaped objects comfortably.
- The pliers have induction hardened teeth which wear resistance and prolong their lives.
- They offer fast adjustments by a button push.
- The box joint offers directional stability.
- The dual-channel design of the pliers provides the operator with high confidence that the pliers won’t break or bend under tough conditions.
- You can adjust the handles of the pliers to have your desired width.
- The tools feature self-locking on nuts and pipes offer no slipping on the workpiece.
- They have a forged on pinch guard by which your hands and finger won’t get pinched.
- Brand: Knipex
- Model: 00 20 07 US1
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Dimension: 13.1 x 7.5 x 0.9 inches
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Size: 7-1/2″, 10″ , 12″
- Material: Chrome Vanadium Steel
- Power Source: Corded-electric
Knipex 002007US1 - Pros & Cons
- Excellent quality, and heavy-duty pliers have great handle design, finish, chrome vanadium steel construction, guaranteed optimum cutting performance and smooth movement and precision
- Long lasting and robust tools are extremely functional and come with directional stability, thin head design, superb control and cushioned grips.
- The tools rise quickly. For this reason, you will have to wipe them after getting wet.
- The pivot point on the plier is quite challenging when the work needed to be completed at a rapid rate.
6) Wiha 32095: Best Insulated Screwdriver Set
This marvelous set offers amazing screwdrivers that are needed by electricians for almost all sort of situations. For maximum safety of the electricians, the screwdrivers are insulated individually. They are made from high durability materials and likewise, offer you a long-lasting performance.
The screwdrivers in this set have great handle sizes and are a perfect fit for your hands. They are tempered and super-hardened for long-lasting performance. Altogether, these aiming screwdrivers provide you confidence and safety while working with electricity. There is a small screwdriver in the kit that is perfect for basic and small tasks.
There is a graphic on the handle top by which you can determine what size you are using. By and large, these top-notch screwdrivers are a nice combo of various sizes.
- The tools in this set are tested for OSHA compliance and insulation integrity.
- They have cushioned grips.
- The tools are hardened to offer impressive wear resistance.
- They have protective insulation that is molded on the blades.
- The screwdrivers are tested up to 10,000 volts. They have excellent tips that fit screws perfectly.
- The screwdriver has a soft finish handle that offers excellent comfort.
- They allow high torque.
- Furthermore, they have an excellent grip that makes them non slip.
- Brand: Wiha
- Model: 32095
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Dimension: 22 x 12 x 2.5 inches
- Size: 19
- Number of Handles: 1
Wiha 32095 - Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and reliable tools with excellent blades, chrome vanadium steel construction, cushioned grip, extra strong and precision machined tips.
- High-quality tools are tested for safety and are comfortable to use. Moreover, they come in a functional storage pouch.
- Solid, rugged and tough screwdrivers have direct insulation to blades, hardened bits, and well-cushioned handles.
- The insulation on the screwdriver’s shaft can be damaged if they are kept loose in the kit bag.
- The extra plastic sticks out after using for a long time.
7) Bosch JS260: Best Top-Handle Jigsaw
This impressive jigsaw offers you the much-needed power and ease of use. The sturdy motor of the jigsaw produces around 3100 strokes per 60 seconds. The tool-less blade change system provides effortless and fast blade removal and installation.
It has blade ejection lever which provides a secured among system, This way you need not touch the hot blade to change them. It offers smooth operation and enhanced accuracy with its low vibration design and precision-machined plunging mechanism. Also, the two-finger trigger and the heavy steel footplate provide a comfortable grip.
- It has a dial that sets a maximum speed. Also, you can control the operating speed with the accelerator trigger.
- The multi-directional blade clamps offer the impressive grip of T-shank blades.
- You can have effortless and fast blade installation and removal with the tool-less blade change system.
- It offers the much-needed accuracy and smooth operations with its low-vibration design and precision-machined mechanism.
- The adjustable dust blower helps you get a clean and professional cut by keeping the wood dust particles out of your way.
- You can have smooth to aggressive cuts, and it comes with four orbital action setting, i.e., different blade strokes.
- The dust blower will let you get clear cuts.
- The two-finger trigger and the ergonomic top handles are for a comfortable grip.
- You can have steady long cuts with the lock-on button. Also, it is for user control and comfort.
- The onboard wrench storage provides protection to the jigsaw blades.
- Brand: Bosch
- Item Weight: 5.3 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 12.7 x 9.7 x 3.6 inches
- Item model number: JS260
- Size: 6.0 Amp
- Color: Blue
- Style Top Handle: Jigsaw
- Power Source: corded-electric
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Certification: certified frustration-free
- Warranty Description: 30-Day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty
Bosch JS260 - Pros & Cons
- Affordable and lightweight tool has variable speed, comfortable grip, tool-less blade change technology, powerful 6 Amp motor and one year warranty.
- Durable, easy to use, and high precision tool with amazing construction runs smooth and makes no vibration.
- It does not accept U-shank blades.
The quick-release blade fo the jigsaw is made from plastic.
8) Astro APT-9477: Best Professional Crimping Tool Set
If you desire to have quality crimple in making electrical connections, then do get this brilliant tool. The crimper is much easy on hands. The toolset comes with a one year warranty. They make excellent crimps and are much consistent. They don’t shift or wobble. Also, the build of this tool kit is marvelous.
The set offers six pliers for various applications. These include an insulated terminal, noninsulated terminals, open barrel terminals, and insulated cord end terminals. The jaws are much comfortable to change. Moreover, you can use the jaw with both double crimp and standard crimp connectors.
- The crimping tool has a quick changing jaw design by which you can fastly crimp the wires and terminals. This way, you won’t need any other tool to change the jaws.
- The handles are made up of ergonomically designed steel frame and have rubber grip by which you can comfortably operate the tool with right and left hand.
- The precision jaws offer consistent, reliable crimp.
- The jaw in the set has a double crimp design by which you crimp both the wire contact and the insulation at a time or any one of these at a single time.
- You can customize the ratcheting positions.
- Brand: Astro Pneumatic Tool
- Model: APT-9477
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Dimension: 11.3 x 8 x 2 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Size: 1-(7-Piece)
Astro APT-9477 - Pros & Cons
- Well built tool comes with ergonomically designed handles, contoured rubber grip, precision interchangeable jaws, 1-year warranty, consistent crimps and nice storage case.
- The sturdy and long-lasting tool has perfect and professional crimps, amazing jaw selection, easy to change ends, comfortable grips, superb fit and finish, adjustable tension, and easy release.
- No extra space in the case for additional jaws.
- For small wire size, the crimp is not tight as the die is too large.
- No stripping option.
9) Klein Tools J2139NECRN: Best Side Cutters with Wire Stripper
The tool is much comfy and doesn’t slip off. It has top-notch functionality, fit, and finishes. Moreover, it is super easy to pull and cut. The hot-riveted joints offer smooth actions and make it perfect for the job. The handles are thicker and durable.
The tool has a brilliant leverage design that offers almost 46 percent more cutting power and impressive gripping. It is made for heavy-duty cutting work. The cutter has great leverage and excellent cutting power. Altogether, it is a top of the line tool and is smooth like butter.
- You can strip the solid and standard wires comfortably with this tool.
- The built-in crimper works perfectly on non-insulated connectors, terminals, and lugs.
- The tool has a high leverage design that offers 46 percent more cutting power.
- The joint has no handle wobbles and offers guaranteed smooth action.
- It has robust cutting jaws that hold the edges perfectly while snipping the robust cables.
- Brand: Klein Tools
- Model: J2139NECRN
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Dimension: 8.5 x 4 x 1 inches
- Size: Journeyman Crimping, Stripping
- Style: With Stripping and FT Pulling
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Included Components: Journeyman Side-Cutters
- Measurement System: Metric
Klein Tools J2139NECRN - Pros & Cons
- Long-lasting tool with high leverage design, more cutting power, induction hardened cutting and cross-hatched jaws.
- Strong, well built, heavy-duty and well-balanced tool has sharp cutting edges and dual material journeyman handle.
- It is a bit sticky
- Hard to open
10) Craftsman 9-31794: Best Slotted Screwdriver Set
The set offers professional quality screwdrivers. They have heat-treated blades that make them complete the task the right way. The size of the screwdrivers is mentioned on their handles to allow you the quick identification.
The 17 piece set of these clotted screwdrivers can handle many tough jobs. The durable handles oft these screwdrivers are made for high strength. The screwdrivers are easy to hold and don’t break after long usage. Also, the blade tips offer excellent holding.
- The 17 piece screwdriver comes with various sizes which allow you to handle all sort of jobs perfectly.
- The screwdrivers have durable and butyrate handles that offer great strength. This way, you can balance them easily in your hands.
- The slotted screwdriver tip offers impressive screw holding.
- Furthermore, the blade tips offer a snug fit and tight tolerance.
- They have a steel coating with a nickel finish to resist corrosion.
- Brand: Craftsman
- Model: 9-31794
- Item Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 1.1 x 9.8 x 16.5 inches
- Size: full size
- Number Of Pieces: 17
Craftsman 9-31794 - Pros & Cons
- Excellent screw holding tool has slotted tips, ergonomic handles, snug fit and tight tolerance and alloyed steel blades.
- Easy to hold and a high-Quality tool is rust-resistant and has an amazing grip and a lifetime warranty.
- No carrying case
- The packaging is difficult to open.
- The plastic handles emit some smell.
- The product description says that they are ‘Made in USA’ while on the package it is written ‘Made in China.’
Buyer’s Guide – Buying the Best and Cool Electrician Hand Tools
Buying the best electrician hand tools is the task where you need not take risks. It is essential to buy the top of the line tools and not the cheap ones that wear out quickly.
Before buying the tools, have a look at the way you intend to use them. For example, if you desire to complete some basic tasks with the tools, then you need not buy the advanced kits. You can also buy the best electrician screwdriver set as they are insulated and offer impressive safety.
The comfortable handles of the tools make an enormous difference in completing the task on time. The tools with soft and ergonomic handles won’t strain your hands.
The material used in the construction of the tools matters a lot. This plays a significant role in its performance. Tools made from good material are sturdy. For example, the pliers manufactured from vanadium, and chromium are supposed to be more efficient.
Price plays an important role too. The cheaper tools are made from simple materials. In such tools, you will have to make more efforts that will make your hand feel uncomfortable.
This keeps the tools organized in a place safely.
Good quality tools are essential to have while working with the electrics. Electricians use the power and hand tools for installing and maintaining the appliances and various equipment. A significant amount of money, time, and efforts are spent on buying high-quality tool kits. Thus it is essential to ensure that you get the best electrician tools that function perfectly.
Also, check out the best toolset for homeowners.
Top Rated Electrician Hand Tools