It is essential to work with the right equipment when dealing with electrical systems. The completion of a job becomes much more difficult for electricians due to the lack of good quality pliers.
The cheap quality tools demand a replacement and thus result in higher running costs. Moreover, they are prone to malfunctioning and are quite harder to use.
Get the best electrician pliers as they are specialized to improve effectiveness and safety while cutting through tough lines. They are shock resistant and have a brilliant grip.
You can complete your task using such pliers with minimal efforts and less hassle. Their machined jaws are stronger and durable. Furthermore, the cutting edge is incredibly powerful.
There are tons of electrical pliers in the market, and due to this, many buyers are confused about choosing the best one. It is essential to choose the highest quality tools. To help you get the correct pliers, we have reviewed the top quality pliers. Read on the buyer guide and start working with the right tools.
Table of Contents
Best Electrician Pliers Reviews 2021
No toolbox is supposed to be completed without a plier. They are a fundamental tool in the electrician tool kit. The electrician pliers are versatile and more effective at certain jobs.
We have not only found the best pliers for the job but have also reviewed them. This way you can decide which one will be suitable for your work. This list will help you find the perfect tool for your job and allow you to start working right away.
Top Best Electrician Pliers Comparison Table
Weight: 3.04 ounces
Dimension: 10.6 x 8.9 x 0.3 inches
Knipex 09 12 240 SBA
Weight: 1 pound
Dimension: 9.3 x 2.1 x 0.9 inches
Weight: 0.16 ounces
Dimension: 6 x 13 x 5 inches
Knipex 00 20 11
Weight: 1.32 pounds
Dimension: 14.6 x 6.7 x 1.4 inches
Weight: 4.96 pounds
Dimension: 18 x 11 x 1 inches
Klein Tools J2000-48
Weight: 9.8 ounces
Dimension: 8.1 x 4.7 x 0.7 inches
Klein Tools J2078CR
Weight: 10.9 ounces
Dimension: 10.4 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches
Weight: 1.5 pounds
Dimension: 14.9 x 12.9 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 6 pounds
Dimension: 18.4 x 15.3 x 1.2 inches
KNIPEX Tools 8603400US
Weight: 3.24 pounds
Dimension: 16.1 x 3.2 x 0.9 inches
1) IRWIN 2078309: Best Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper
IRWIN is an American company that manufactures excellent quality power tools and hand tool accessories. This nose-shaped plier can do the wire pulling and stripping job brilliantly.
IRWIN 2078309 is best for professionals who desire versatility. This tool can handle a variety of large to small gauges and is a superb choice for a lot of projects. It can tighten the screws or bolts to their terminals perfectly.
You can comfortably latch with the excellent grip handles of the plier. Moreover, it doesn’t cause any sort of inconvenience or discomfort for the user. This multi-tool combines a wire cutter, wire stripper, and a crimper.
The plier hinges carry optimal tension that offers a precise performance. It works smoothly without any issue, and the maintenance is quite easy too. The stripper feels superb in hands and doesn’t hang around looking for a tip. This tool is of top-notch quality and works lifetime if treated properly.
- The tool is compliant with the type of 10-22 AWG.
- It works as a superb bolt cutter and can leave a perfect lead thread.
- The plier has induction hardened cutting edges.
- You can crimp both insulated and non-insulated terminals with it. The plier features ergonomic handles.
- Its sharp edges can easily pierce through wires.
- The tool has a pliers-type nose that can pull and loop in wires.
- It is according to the ANSI standards.
- The plier features spring controlled jaws, metal construction, and quick-release locks.
- Furthermore, the tool features an AWG selection dial..
- Size: 8-inch
- Color: Multicolor
- Item Weight: 3.04 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.9 x 0.3 inches
- Size: 8-inch
- Color: Multicolor
- Material: Iron
- Ergonomic handles
- PreTouch grips
- Effective stripping and crimping capability
- Its hinges become a bit rough after using it for a longer period.
- Difficult to open the arms too wide in order to lay in the next wire.
2) Knipex 09 12 240 SBA: Best Ultra-High Leverage Lineman’s Pliers
Knipex tools is a german company that manufactures excellent quality pliers for professional use. The company is a leading brand in pliers of the world and focuses primarily on producing top-notch tools to meet the expectations of its customers.
Knipex 09 12 240 SBA is a redesigned lineman’s plier that makes it quite easier for you to cut and saves a lot of time and energy. Its rivet has been moved closer to jaws and is reduced in size in order to have an increased cutting power.
The action of the plier is smooth, and the tools cut hard extra hard and soft wire without any hassle. This is a heavy-duty plier that can help you complete the toughest jobs in no time.
It’s a marvelous handle design, and the superb finish will amaze you. This plier is lightweight and comfortable. Also, the balance is brilliant, and the cutting edges hold up superbly.
- The player features a leverage design with 25% easier cutting power.
- There is a recess on its back that works superb on round, shaped and thicker cables.
- It has a blunt nose that offers a closer grip.
- The tool has serrated jaws that provide a great grip.
- Its precise, and induction hardened cutting edge offers an easy cutting.
- The plier features a terminal crimper and a fish tape puller on its backside.
- The tool is made from high alloy chrome vanadium steel.
- It has 1000V insulated handles.
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 2.1 x 0.9 inches
- Style: Comfort Grip
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Number of Handles: 2
- Perfect head size
- Excellent grip
- Preciseness and smooth movement
- The cutting blades wear down after prolonged use.
- Its cutting area has a gap and is not straight.
3) IRWIN 2078712: Best Top Rated Electrician Plier
IRWIN is an American company that is known worldwide for its power tools and hand tools accessories. It’s Vise-Grip locking pliers are loved by many professionals IRWIN 2078712 is a plier kit that offers exceptional performance on all types of surfaces.
The set includes a 10-inch adjustable wrench, 8,10 and 12-inch pliers, and an 8-inch nose plier. Moreover, it contains a lineman’s plier, slip joint plier, diagonal cutter, and a kitbag.
The sharp and heat-treated edges of the diagonal cutter offer them a longer life. This set comes with a lifetime guarantee. Its adjustable jaw pump pliers offer easy adjustment. The tools are displayed brilliantly and are easily accessible.
They are heavy duty and feel superb in hands. This brilliant tool assortment is perfect for various jobs. The tools are well made, and the groove lock is fantastic. They don’t show any sign of premature damage even after using for a longer period.
- The pliers have groove positions that offer a better grip.
- The GrooveLock plier provides precise jaw positioning.
- The all-purpose jaw of the plier can grip round, square, hex, and flat surfaces easily.
- You can adjust the plier from an open position by the ratcheting action.
- The anti-pinch handles offer safety to your hands.
- You can adjust the lower jaw with the press and slide button.
- The ProTouch grips of the tools reduce hand fatigue.
- The needle nose plier feature hardened cutting edges.
- There is a kitbag that offers easy storage and transport.
- Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 13 x 5 inches
- Size: Standard
- Color: Blue/Yellow
- Warranty Description: Full Lifetime Guarantee
- Excellent grip and optimum hand locations
- Anti-pinch design and extra comfort.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Bulky roll bag
- Small-sized tools
4) Knipex 00 20 11: Best Snipe Nose Side Cutting Pliers
Knipex is a German company that manufactures pliers for professional use. The plier comes with multi-component grips. These tools are in a plastic try that has a transparent lid on it. The set includes a nose cutting plier, combination pliers, and a diagonal cutter.
They are made brilliantly and feel superb in their hands. Their grip is sturdy, and electrical shock isolated. The stuff is of top quality and will last longer. They look great and functions incredibly well. The fit and finish are amazing.
- You can cut the round and flat material with the combination plier.
- The cutters offer a high cutting performance and have a long life.
- The needle nose plier features half-round jaws by which you can work comfortably in confined spaces too.
- These tools feature multi-compound grips due to which they are much comfortable to use.
- They are machined with high precision and hardened with heat treatment.
- The diagonal cutter is 160mm long and can cut both hard and soft wire.
- Part Number: 00 20 11
- Item Weight: 1.32 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 6.7 x 1.4 inches
- Material: Steel
- Volume: 473 ml
- Number Of Pieces: 3
- Number of Handles: 2
- Measurement System: Metric
- Included Components: Pliers Set
- Sharp cutting edges
- Quality combination pliers
- Impressive precision
- Small in size
- The plastic tray that holds the tools does not organize them well.
5) Channellock CHLPC1: Best Electrician Tongue and Groove Plier Set
Channellock is an American company founded in 1886. The company is a leading manufacturer of hand tools. Its tools are trusted by tradesmen and professionals.
The tools are versatile, durable, and strong. Their handles are sufficiently molded and thus are much easier to grip. The finish is brilliant, and the performance is awesome. They come in good packaging and work well under pressure.
The tools are lightweight and fit in hand perfectly. This set of pliers protects the metal brilliantly. The joints offer an easy adjustment. They have a heavy construction and are sturdy. These pliers are versatile and last longer. Moreover, they are rugged and hold tight.
- Its laser heat-treated teeth last longer and grip perfectly.
- The undercut tongue has a non-slip design.
- Its permalock fastener prevents bolt and nut failure.
- The special coating of the tools prevents rust.
- The patented reinforced edges of the plier minimize stress.
- Its blue grips offer impressive comfort.
- Item Weight: 4.96 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 11 x 1 inches
- Item model number: PC-1
- Number Of Pieces: 4
- Warranty Description: Lifetime warranty.
- Heat-treated teeth
- Adjustable pliers with amazing leverage
- The tools are hard to open and close after using them for a longer time.
- The pliers have sharp edges, and thus much care is needed while working with them.
6) Klein Tools J2000-48: Best Linesman Pliers with Angled Head
The tool offers a heavy-duty cutting and prevents the handle wobbles. Its angled heads offer an impressive ability for leverage while pulling out the nails and the wire staples.
This cutter is spectacular and performs as expected. Its handle fits nicely, and the tool is quite smooth to open and close. The diagonal side cutter cuts marvelously in soft hands too.
The tools quality is outstanding, and it offers you much-needed maneuverability. It is incredibly strong, balanced, and does not rust. The hardened blades help you complete the job efficiently. It is well made and much easy to use.
- The plier features an angled head design that makes it easy to work in confined areas.
- Its rivet is nearer to the cutting edge due to which it offers an amazing cutting power.
- With its beveled cutting edges and short jaws, you can do close cutting of wire effectively.
- You will be working smoothly with the hot-riveted joint and will not have to face any handle wobbles.
- It has dual-material handles that offer an amazing grip.
- Item Weight: 9.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 4.7 x 0.7 inches
- Color: Blue/Black
- Number Of Pieces: 5
- Measurement System: Metric
- High leverage design
- Beveled cutting edges
- Brilliant cutting power
- A bit stiff to open at the start.
7) Klein Tools J2078CR: Best Needle Nose Plier
This is an impressive combination of a long nose plier and a wire stripper. Moreover, there is an added bonus of a crimper. The tool can cut, twist, and strip wires easily.
It can help you shear bolts, crimp, and reach the confined spaces without any hassle. Moreover, its firm joints and grip will amaze you. The constitution is fantastic, and the tool is solid.
Its forged steel provides maximum durability. The yellow and black finish looks superb. It is well textured and feels excellent in its hands. The tool is well made, comfortable to use, and cuts easily. Altogether, this outstanding tool is fully functional and won’t disappoint you at all.
- The tool can strip, crimp, cut, loop, and shear.
- It can crimp non-insulated connectors, terminals, and lugs.
- Its dual-material journeyman handles offer you an amazing grip.
- The long nose of the plier can be used for extended reaching, looping, and grabbing wire.
- It features induction hardened cutting knives.
- The hot riveted joints of the plier prevent handle wobbles and offer smooth action.
- Item Weight: 10.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 10.4 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches
- Measurement System: inch
- Dual material journeyman handles
- Maximum durability
- All-purpose tool
- Need to apply extra force while stripping the standard wire.
- Hard on thumbs
8) Crescent CLP5SETN: Best Budget Electrician Plier
Crescent tool company comes under the ownership of the Apex tool group. The company is known worldwide for providing impressive quality and amazing style of adjustable wrenches.
This brand is great, and the tool selection is superb. Crescent CLP5SETN set comes with 3 jaw locking pliers and 2 long nose locking pliers.
You can adjust them by winding the bottom screw easily. The narrow profile of the head and body make it easier for you to work in narrow and confined areas. They are lightweight, and their impressive fit and finish will please you.
Furthermore, the rubber on the release tab offers a nice touch to the tools. The tools come with a lifetime warranty. All in all, this is a brilliant selection to add to the toolbox.
- The curved jaw features an integral wire cutter.
- There is a plastisol dip on the release lever that provides an added comfort.
- The angled tooth pattern provides a marvelous grip.
- They have a non-slip locking grip.
- The tools have a nickel-plated finish that prevents corrosion and rust.
- The hex key recess allows you to tighten or loosen the adjuster knob.
- Item Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14.9 x 12.9 x 0.7 inches
- Size: 5 Piece
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Measurement System: Metric
- Warranty Description: Standard Limited Lifetime
- 5 sizes
- Angled teeth and cushioned release lever
- An adjustable tool with comfort release handle
- Difficult to use with sweaty hands
- The knob of the pier is sometimes a bit stiff to turn.
9) GEARWRENCH 82108: Best Machined jaws Plier Set
Gearwrnech is a premium hand tools brand that offers impressive quality tools to meet the expectation of professional technicians and industrial users. This set comes with seven pliers that allow you to tackle different jobs. Their excellent durability makes them long-lasting.
The unique pivot point design of the tools provide a great power transition from handle to jaws. Due to this you need not work hard to make cuts.
These pliers have sharp cutting edges. Their teeth bite hard, and the tools feel great in hand. They are heavy duty and blemish-free. Furthermore, they provide impressive leverage for clipping, pulling, or gripping.
- The PivotForce pliers are according to the ASME specification.
- Their easy to clean handles grips offer great comfort.
- The induction hardened cutting edges extend the overall life and the efficiency of pliers.
- Their forged steel makes them more durable.
- The machined jaws of the tools offer a precise fit.
- Color: BLACK & RED
- Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 15.3 x 1.2 inches
- Item Weight: 6 pounds
- Comfortable grip
- Machined jaws
- Unparalleled access
- The plastic tray does not protect the tool well.
- Corrosion issues
10) KNIPEX Tools 8603400US: Best Electrician Plier Overall (Our Top Pick)
This a precision grade performance tool, which is the top choice of tradesmen all over the world. The plier is comfortable to use and ensures a quality design.
This fantastic tool is for gripping, holding, fastening, and bending. Its nickel plating is tough, and the fit and finish are brilliant. It looks and operates impressively and flawlessly.
The tool offers zero backlashes under pressure. Moreover, its cam action design provides you a secured and strong grip and prevents the straining of the hand or wrist. The plier is hardened with carbon, chromium, and vanadium, and this offers you superb cutting performance.
Furthermore, the handle design and finish are awesome. Also, the toughness of its cutting edges will amaze you. It doesn’t cause any haw slipping while turning. The tool is lightweight, and you can easily fit it in your pocket.
- The slim profile of the plier offers easy access to confined areas.
- It has a push-button adjustment that offers multiple adjustment settings and various positions for locking.
- The parallel smooth jaws of the plier prevent damage and offer a full contact gripping.
- It’s self ratcheting action provides fast and easy operation.
- Item Weight: 3.24 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 16.1 x 3.2 x 0.9 inches
- Material: Aluminum
- Number of Handles: 2
- Solid grip
- Fast adjustment
- Small for some general-purpose work.
Buyer Guide: How to Choose the Best Electrician Pliers?
The electrician piers are specialized equipment that is desirable to everyone. They improve effectiveness and safety while cutting the trough lines.
To help you buy the correct one, we present you with a wonderful guide by which you can know which pliers will be suitable for you.
Uncomfortable pliers are quite difficult to use for an extended period. Thus it is essential to get pliers with sufficient padding, so you don’t hurt your hands.
The ergonomic rubber handle profile offers you a convenient and safe grip, which allows you to finish your tasks without any trouble. Moreover, the cushioned grip blocks the electrostatic damage.
The material of the tools contributes a lot to their performance. Chromium and vanadium are among the favorites. Such materials make the tools more brittle.
The plier size is dependent on the effort and strength required to complete the task. The elongated handle pliers work impressively in narrow and confined spaces, while the ones with smaller jaw work superbly in the projects where accuracy is needed.
Although the cheaper tools look tempting to beginners, the more expensive ones prove to be of higher quality.
Cutting life is an important factor to consider while buying a cutting instrument. Get the one with durable cutting edges. Furthermore, higher leverage will help you cut tough objects.
The pliers are important tools for electricians and DIYers while dealing with the maintenance, repair, and electrical installation work.
They are used for bending, twisting, gripping, or straightening various elements. Get the best electrician pliers can improve the efficiency of your tasks.
Top Rated Electrician Pliers[content-egg-block template=offers_list]